Dealership offering cars, repairs to victims of Oso slide
So far the dealership has set aside three used cars for donation, both from their stock and donated from the community, said Sheila Countryman-Bean, marketing and public relations director for Dwayne Lane.
The dealership is continuing to act as an intermediary for people who want to donate a vehicle to slide victims, and is contributing labor and parts to them before passing them on.
“One of the vehicles, we did $800 worth of work on it before giving it out,” Countryman-Bean said.
In addition, the dealership has loaned a vehicle to one customer who lost everything until she could make arrangements for a replacement, and has loaned a box truck to the Red Cross to carry supplies from Arlington to Darrington and a passenger van to transport rescue workers to the slide site.
To donate a vehicle, contact Dwayne Lane service manager Rich Filori at 360-435-2125 or email@example.com. Slide victims who need a vehicle can email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Chris Winters: 425-374-4165 or email@example.com.
- Lions proved big-hearted after mudslide 10/21/14
- Land-use planners ready to apply lessons from mudslide 10/15/14
- Darrington IGA, owners recognized for mudslide relief work 10/10/14
- Mudslide-displaced families to receive financial assistance 10/9/14
- Study of logging risk in slide areas sought 10/7/14
- Months after mudslide, Red Cross is still pitching in 10/6/14
- County set to close clearinghouse for items found after mudslide 10/2/14
- 43 trees mark lives lost along Highway 530 in Oso 9/28/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.