A new need for #Seahawks? Safety Kam Chancellor had hip surgery this offseason, will hope to be ready this preseason. But nothing is certainEarlier this offseason, ESPN’s John Clayton reported that Chancellor needed hip surgery, then Chancellor denied the news via his twitter account. Apparently now that surgery has happened.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 6, 2014
The news isn’t surprising; it has been known for a while that Chancellor has been dealing with hip issues dating back at least to the 2012 season. Now the question is how soon Chancellor will be back.
The Seahawks re-signed Chancellor’s backup, Jeron Johnson, who was set to be a restricted free agent, so if Chancellor isn’t ready for the start of the season, look for Johnson to fill in. The Seahawks also have DeShawn Shead, who filled in for Chancellor in the Super Bowl after he was briefly sidelined by a leg injury.
Asked last week if Chancellor had had hip surgery, Seahawks GM John Schneider declined to answer, saying Pete Carroll would address injuries/offseason surgeries at a later time.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks vs. 49ers lineup notes, Marshawn Lynch inactive Nov. 22
- Seahawks vs. 49ers injury report, Lynch questionable again Nov. 20
- Earl Thomas, Kris Richard on effort and chemistry Nov. 19
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson speaks about distractions Nov. 19
- Earl Thomas talks about struggles, foundation work with ADHD Nov. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.