Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor had hip surgery
A new need for #Seahawks? Safety Kam Chancellor had hip surgery this offseason, will hope to be ready this preseason. But nothing is certainEarlier this offseason, ESPN’s John Clayton reported that Chancellor needed hip surgery, then Chancellor denied the news via his twitter account. Apparently now that surgery has happened.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 6, 2014
The news isn’t surprising; it has been known for a while that Chancellor has been dealing with hip issues dating back at least to the 2012 season. Now the question is how soon Chancellor will be back.
The Seahawks re-signed Chancellor’s backup, Jeron Johnson, who was set to be a restricted free agent, so if Chancellor isn’t ready for the start of the season, look for Johnson to fill in. The Seahawks also have DeShawn Shead, who filled in for Chancellor in the Super Bowl after he was briefly sidelined by a leg injury.
Asked last week if Chancellor had had hip surgery, Seahawks GM John Schneider declined to answer, saying Pete Carroll would address injuries/offseason surgeries at a later time.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Final Seahawks injury updates from Pete Carroll before they head to SF Nov. 26
- Seahawks S Kam Chancellor named NFC Defensive Player of the Week Nov. 26
- Tuesday Seahawks practice report Nov. 25
- Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn says Seahawks were "most connected" they've been this year Nov. 25
- Seahawks' Sherman, Baldwin put on skit criticizing NFL Nov. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.