Herald staff | firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 5:03 p.m.
View Oso mudslide victims and survivors in a larger map
We just revised our interactive map of Oso mudslide victims and survivors, and while doing so we noticed that Google Maps has now updated the aerial imagery to show the post-event devastation.
The pins of our map, showing where everyone lived, now lie on a sea of dirt and debris. Previously you could see the homes of the Steelhead Drive neighborhood and the surrounding area.
Signs of the recovery effort are visible in the new imagery: Highway 530 is buried, with work vehicles parked nearby, and people can be seen in places. The image quality is quite good when you zoom in. And the memorial tree which we've marked on the map is more visible now, standing alone in the drying mud.
Story tags » • Oso • Disasters (general)
- First buyout closes for land in Oso slide zone 1/20/16
- Arlington, Darrington economic plan advances in competition 1/13/16
- STEM project aims to help Stilly Valley recover from mudslide 12/14/15
- What to do for Stilly Valley and who can do it 12/6/15
- No definitive cause, but study advances mudslide science 12/6/15
- Officials to present Oso mudslide economic recovery plan 12/3/15
- With new FEMA money, county can buy all Oso mudslide tracts 11/19/15
- Timber company loses bid to avoid Oso mudslide litigation 11/2/15
- Interior secretary at Oso: Funding needed for scientific research 10/16/15
- Timber company says it bears no responsibility in Oso mudslide 10/2/15
- Judge limits extent of claims in Oso mudslide litigation 8/26/15
No recent blog posts for the past 180 days.