At 6 p.m., district constituents will get a phone call inviting them to stay on the line to participate in the town hall. In addition, residents who don’t get called automatically may dial a toll-free number to listen to the event and ask questions of the two state legislators. That number is (877) 229-8493, ID code 18646#.
Liias and Ortiz-Self are Democrats representing the 21st District, including most of Edmonds, unincorporated areas north of Edmonds and Lynnwood and northeast of Lynnwood, all of Mukilteo and part of south Everett.
Liias won appointment to the Senate in January to replace retired Democratic Sen. Paull Shin, and Ortiz-Self was appointed to replace Liias in the State House of Representatives.
Liias is ranking minority member of the Senate committee on natural resources and parks and a member of the transportation committee and the committee on trade and economic development.
Ortiz-Self is a member of the House transportation committee, the environment committee, and the committee on early learning and human services.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Final south Snohomish County primary election results Aug. 20
- Introductory statements from Lynnwood candidates Roberts and Hurst Aug. 20
- Ambalada endorses Simmonds in Lynnwood general election Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Fire District 1 candidates Schrock and Luke Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Brier Council at-large candidates Aug. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.