State Sen. Liias, Rep. Ortiz-Self to hold telephone town hall Thursday
At 6 p.m., district constituents will get a phone call inviting them to stay on the line to participate in the town hall. In addition, residents who don’t get called automatically may dial a toll-free number to listen to the event and ask questions of the two state legislators. That number is (877) 229-8493, ID code 18646#.
Liias and Ortiz-Self are Democrats representing the 21st District, including most of Edmonds, unincorporated areas north of Edmonds and Lynnwood and northeast of Lynnwood, all of Mukilteo and part of south Everett.
Liias won appointment to the Senate in January to replace retired Democratic Sen. Paull Shin, and Ortiz-Self was appointed to replace Liias in the State House of Representatives.
Liias is ranking minority member of the Senate committee on natural resources and parks and a member of the transportation committee and the committee on trade and economic development.
Ortiz-Self is a member of the House transportation committee, the environment committee, and the committee on early learning and human services.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
- 2015 committee assignments for South Snohomish County legislators Jan. 16
- Edmonds seeks applicants for council vacancy through Feb. 2 Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.