Okung missed eight games last year with a toe injury, then played through pain after aggravating the injury following his return. Carroll didn't rule out surgery after the season ended, but the team had not confirmed whether or not that had happened before Friday. Okung was seen in a walking boot at Oklahoma State's pro day earlier this spring, leading to speculation that he had had surgery, and Carroll said that was indeed the case, and that they expect to have Okung back for training camp.
"Russell is coming back from foot surgery," Carroll said. "He’s not working with us, he’s conditioning as he can right now. It’s going to be a while before we can get him back. It’s going to be probably about camp time. Really stuff that needed to be done. It gives Alvin Bailey a great opportunity for a lot of real quality reps with the first group, and it’ll help other guys with opportunities as well. Russ will be fine, it was just something we had to do after the season was over. He had a few things, so we’ve taken care of it."
"We know we’ll have him back for training camp, maybe sooner than that."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.