Russell Okung recovering from foot surgery
Okung missed eight games last year with a toe injury, then played through pain after aggravating the injury following his return. Carroll didn't rule out surgery after the season ended, but the team had not confirmed whether or not that had happened before Friday. Okung was seen in a walking boot at Oklahoma State's pro day earlier this spring, leading to speculation that he had had surgery, and Carroll said that was indeed the case, and that they expect to have Okung back for training camp.
"Russell is coming back from foot surgery," Carroll said. "He’s not working with us, he’s conditioning as he can right now. It’s going to be a while before we can get him back. It’s going to be probably about camp time. Really stuff that needed to be done. It gives Alvin Bailey a great opportunity for a lot of real quality reps with the first group, and it’ll help other guys with opportunities as well. Russ will be fine, it was just something we had to do after the season was over. He had a few things, so we’ve taken care of it."
"We know we’ll have him back for training camp, maybe sooner than that."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign LB Mister Alexander March 2
- Marshawn Lynch on Turkish TV: “I was expecting the ball” at the end of the Super Bowl March 1
- Marshawn Lynch’s agent denies report of new deal with Seahawks Feb. 21
- Looking at the Seahawks’ draft needs: safety Feb. 20
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says no surgery for Sherman and Chancellor Feb. 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.