David Krueger and Herald staff | firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Friday, May 9, 2014, 3:09 p.m.
Officials at South Whidbey High School announced Friday that Chris Tormey has been hired to coach the Falcons football team.Tormey brings an impressive resume to Langley. He was the head football coach at his alma mater, the University of Idaho, from 1995-99, and the head coach at the University of Nevada from 2000-03. He's also worked as an assistant coach at the University of Washington.
In nine seasons as a college head coach, Tormey compiled a 49-54 record. He spent last season as the defensive coordinator at the University of Wyoming.
South Whidbey principal John Patton announced the hiring.
"We are really excited," Patton said.
Tormey, who inherits a South Whidbey team that was 5-5 last season, takes over for Mark Hodson and Andy Davis, who split head coaching duties for the Falcons last season.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Annual Earl Barden East-West Football Classic set for Saturday June 23
- Kristi Bartz Memorial 2016 Girls Athlete of the Year Podcast June 18
- Class of 2016 Boys Athlete of the Year Podcast June 17
- Edwards hired as Shorewood basketball coach June 17
- Pivec named MaxPreps Female Athlete of the Year June 14