Joyner, currently a junior at MP, is one of about 400 nominees for the game. Of those, 90 will ultimately be selected for the game, which takes place in an East vs. West format on Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015. The game will be televised on NBC.
Those selected also get to participate in several events the week of the game, including a combine and dinner.
The Herald's Offensive Player of the Year last season, Joyner is the No. 1 Class of 2015 recruit in the state of Washington, according to ESPN.com. Joyner, who recently committed to Washington State University in April, ran for 1,521 yards and 21 touchdowns in his most recent season. He had over 2,000 yards rushing his sophomore year.
Past participants in the U.S. Army All-American game include National Football League stars Andrew Luck, Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles and DeSean Jackson, as well as local prep standouts KeiVarae Russell (Mariner) and Devante Downs (Mountlake Terrace).
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.