UDFA roundup: Huskies' QB Keith Price to Seahawks; WR Kevin Smith to Cardinals
University of Washington quarterback Keith Price wrote on Twitter that he is signing with Seattle. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked about that in his post-draft presser, and said: “We had a good look at him, we’ve seen him for years. We had a really good look at him in his workouts. We feel very, very comfortable with him. We know he’s got a big upside, seemed to fit in really well with our coaches. We think we can give him a real good shot at it.”
USC safety Dion Bailey also posted on Twitter he is a Seahawk, but when Carroll was asked about that move, GM John Schneider cut off the question, say they really can’t talk about these moves yet since the signings aren’t final.
Penn State offensive tackle Garry Gilliam also posted on Twitter that he’s a Seahawk.
We can add DL Andru Pulu from Eastern Washington University to the list, according to his agent. Pulu, who his from Federal Way, began his career at Washington before transfering to EWU.
Montana LB Brock Coyle has also announced on Twitter that he's a Seahawk.
And in non-Seahawks news, University of Washington receiver Kevin Smith is headed to Arizona, according to a league source.
I’ll keep updating here as we hear more names to Seattle (or when we get a final list).
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks-Patriots Wednesday injury report Jan. 28
- Seahawks CB Richard Sherman goes after Roger Goodell... again Jan. 28
- Seahawks CB and free-agent-to-be Byron Maxwell on being "the prettiest girl at the dance right now" Jan. 28
- Quotes from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll's Wednesday press conference. Jan. 28
- What Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch said Wednesday Jan. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.