Seahawks pick DT Jimmy Staten… during his college graduation
Staten attempted to do a teleconference during his graduation, but his attempts to speak quietly as well as a spotty connection ended that. We’re hoping to talk to him again later.
What Staten, who is listed at 6-3, 311, did say is that he is comfortable playing multiple positions. Staten could be used as a five-technique defensive end (Red Bryant’s role) or fit into the rotation at defensive tackle.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Tuesday Seahawks links: Kam vs. Gronk? LOB on the cover of SI and more Jan. 27
- Seahawks player quotes from Monday of Super Bowl week Jan. 26
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.