Seahawks pick DT Jimmy Staten… during his college graduation
Staten attempted to do a teleconference during his graduation, but his attempts to speak quietly as well as a spotty connection ended that. We’re hoping to talk to him again later.
What Staten, who is listed at 6-3, 311, did say is that he is comfortable playing multiple positions. Staten could be used as a five-technique defensive end (Red Bryant’s role) or fit into the rotation at defensive tackle.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- O'Brien Schofield signs with Falcons March 12
- Jimmy Graham talks about being traded to the Seahawks March 12
- Report: Stefen Wisniewski, a possible Max Unger replacement, will visit Seahawks March 11
- John Schneider talks some more about the Jimmy Graham trade on 710 ESPN Seattle March 11
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider discuss the Jimmy Graham trade March 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.