The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

No injuries in house fire in Mountlake Terrace

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Herald Staff
Published:
MOUNTLAKE TERRACE No one was injured in a house fire that caused damage to a small rambler on Sunday afternoon.
Fire District 1 Battalion Chief Jerry Sheehan said the blaze apparently was caused by a lawn mower that was being stored in a carport outside the house on 53rd Avenue W. in Mountlake Terrace.
About 20 firefighters from Fire District 1 and the Shoreline Fire Department responded to the blaze. It was reported about 3:15 p.m.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, the carport was fully engulfed in flames. The fire had spread to the attic of the house, Sheehan said. It took about 20 minutes for crews to extinguish the fire.
The house had water, smoke and heat damages but the estimated loss was not immediately available. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire.
Story tags » Mountlake TerraceFire

More Local News Headlines

NEWSLETTER

HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates

Calendar