The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 6:38 p.m.

No injuries in house fire in Mountlake Terrace

MOUNTLAKE TERRACE ó No one was injured in a house fire that caused damage to a small rambler on Sunday afternoon.
Fire District 1 Battalion Chief Jerry Sheehan said the blaze apparently was caused by a lawn mower that was being stored in a carport outside the house on 53rd Avenue W. in Mountlake Terrace.
About 20 firefighters from Fire District 1 and the Shoreline Fire Department responded to the blaze. It was reported about 3:15 p.m.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, the carport was fully engulfed in flames. The fire had spread to the attic of the house, Sheehan said. It took about 20 minutes for crews to extinguish the fire.
The house had water, smoke and heat damages but the estimated loss was not immediately available. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire.
Story tags » Mountlake TerraceFire

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus