Fire District 1 Battalion Chief Jerry Sheehan said the blaze apparently was caused by a lawn mower that was being stored in a carport outside the house on 53rd Avenue W. in Mountlake Terrace.
About 20 firefighters from Fire District 1 and the Shoreline Fire Department responded to the blaze. It was reported about 3:15 p.m.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, the carport was fully engulfed in flames. The fire had spread to the attic of the house, Sheehan said. It took about 20 minutes for crews to extinguish the fire.
The house had water, smoke and heat damages but the estimated loss was not immediately available. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire.
More Local News Headlines
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.