Matched up against some of the best players in the country, the University of Portland commit didn’t score and finished with one rebound as his East squad lost to the West by a final score of 128-98.
Before the game, Todd participated in both the boys/girls team challenge and the 3-point contest. Todd teamed up with Cleveland’s Makala Roper in the team challenge and finished fourth, and then defeated Roper in the final round of the 3-point shootout by a score of 14-5.
“I’ve never done a three-point competition before so it’s weird having to go from the rack to the shot,” Todd said after the game. “But it was fun. It was fun to represent these guys and you can’t complain when you pull out a win.”
Nate Mason Jr., of Arlington Country Day School in Jacksonville, FL., took home the MVP honors for the West team, finishing with a game-high 29 points. The 6-foot-1 guard scored 20 points in the second half, including three 3-pointers in the third quarter. Mason will team up with Bothell’s Josh Martin on the University of Minnesota men’s team next season. Martin finished with 18 points for the West team.
Missouri commit JaKeenan Gant led the East team with a team-high 20 points in the loss. Xavier Adams scored 14 points for the East team and also won the Slam Dunk Contest before the game. Seven-foot center and UCLA commit Thomas Welch finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds for the West.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.