Missing dog rescued from Mukilteo cliff
The dog, a 3-year-old chocolate Labrador named Ike, went missing about 6 p.m. Sunday, Mukilteo Assistant Fire Chief Brian McMahan said.
Neighbors heard the dog whimpering about 9 a.m. Monday near a cliff and called 911.
The dog was on a small shelf about 20 feet down. The cliff then dropped about 200 feet to railroad tracks.
Mukilteo and Fire District 1 crews, along with county rescue technicians, got the dog to safety.
Ike had cuts and bruises but no serious injuries.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Two Lynnwood boys fired on with pellet gun; 1 injured Oct. 23
- Casino Road fire death not suspicious, police say Oct. 23
- Minor flooding for Stillaguamish possible this week Oct. 21
- Lake Stevens man hit by patrol car remains hospitalized Oct. 21
- Bong used as weapon in robbery, Everett police say Oct. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.