That's according to the Runstad Center for Real Estate Studies at the University of Washington.
The center's new report found that sales of existing homes in the first quarter were down 7.1 percent from the first quarter of 2013.
But the statewide median home sales price increased 8.2 percent from a year ago, and stood at $248,900 in the first quarter.
Local median home prices in the state are highly variable, ranging from $70,000 in Lincoln County to $419,000 in King County.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- LED lightbulb savings outshine solar and wind power
- It's the golden age of the American muscle car
- Ford headlight failures prompting wrecks draw U.S. probe
- Former Pillsbury executives plan to relaunch RyKrisp
- Volkswagen recalls 420,000 vehicles for air bag issue
- J.C. Penney narrows loss, tops expectations
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.