SNOHOMISH – Drivers who use the Bickford Avenue on-ramps to eastbound or westbound U.S. 2 should be prepared to use an alternate route on Thursday, May 15.
Westbound Bickford Avenue will be closed at 83rd Avenue Southeast beginning at 7 p.m. The closure means drivers will not be able to access the overpass to westbound U.S. 2 or the on-ramp to eastbound U.S. 2. Drivers will follow a signed detour to enter U.S. 2 via State Route 9. Bickford Avenue, along with the on-ramps, will reopen by 6 a.m. Friday, May 16. The eastbound U.S. 2 exit to Bickford Avenue will remain open.
During the closure, contractor crews for the Washington State Department of Transportation will perform bridge work on the Bickford Avenue overpass.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Road near Lake Serene to close for two days Oct. 8
- State to wait and see on I-405 toll lanes at difficult Highway 522 merge Oct. 8
- Free right turn exacerbates Mukilteo ferry backups Oct. 7
- A mostly smooth transition to express-lane tolling on I-405 Oct. 6
- Students get ready for Walk to School Day Oct. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.