SNOHOMISH – Drivers who use the Bickford Avenue on-ramps to eastbound or westbound U.S. 2 should be prepared to use an alternate route on Thursday, May 15.
Westbound Bickford Avenue will be closed at 83rd Avenue Southeast beginning at 7 p.m. The closure means drivers will not be able to access the overpass to westbound U.S. 2 or the on-ramp to eastbound U.S. 2. Drivers will follow a signed detour to enter U.S. 2 via State Route 9. Bickford Avenue, along with the on-ramps, will reopen by 6 a.m. Friday, May 16. The eastbound U.S. 2 exit to Bickford Avenue will remain open.
During the closure, contractor crews for the Washington State Department of Transportation will perform bridge work on the Bickford Avenue overpass.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Some changes, more waiting for new I-405 bottleneck Nov. 23
- Signal timing on 88th Street NE near I-5 remains sore spot Nov. 23
- Seasonal closure begins on Highway 20 Nov. 17
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
- Finishing Highway 522 widening? Add it to the long(shot) list Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.