Fair won re-election to a four-year term as part-time municipal-court judge in November 2013.
He said Friday that he is running for the new position because a place on the District Court would give him professional and personal growth.
“The South District position is full-time, has a wider variety of cases (civil, small claims and protection orders), and will provide new and interesting challenges.”
He said that McRae and every other municipal, district and superior court judge in Snohomish County has endorsed him.
As of Thursday afternoon, Fair had no opponent.
South District Court Judge Jeffrey Goodwin has an opponent in his run for re-election to a four-year term. He’s Brett Nagle of Mill Creek.
Judge Beth A. Fraser has no opponent for the position that she holds by appointment.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Marko Liias will be assistant floor leader for Senate Democrats Nov. 23
- Local legislators say Eyman wrong about deal to repeal initiatives Nov. 23
- Lynnwood Council race back in recount range Nov. 18
- Council action on Brier fireworks vote could come in first half of 2016 Nov. 17
- Lynnwood Council race now out of recount range Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.