On Monday the Seahawks ended that mystery, announcing the signing of tight end Rashaun Allen and guard Nate Isles.
Allen, who played at Southern, is listed at 6-foot-4, 250 pounds and certainly looks the part of an NFL tight end. He showed good hands all three days, and especially on Sunday during a modified scrimmage that ended the minicamp. Isles, who is 6-5, 348, played at North Carolina A&T.
To make room on the roster, the Seahawks released cornerback Jimmy Legree, who was signed a week earlier as an undrafted free agent, and tight end Travis Beckum, who was signed to a future contract in February.
The Seahawks also signed fourth-round pick Cassius Marsh, meaning four of nine picks are under contract.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.