Kagi’s Sunday kick-off event is scheduled for 2 to 4 p.m. at the Shoreline Family Support Center, 17018 15th Ave, N.E., Shoreline.
Kagi represents the 32nd Legislative District, including Lynnwood, Woodway and nearby unincorporated areas of southwest Snohomish County, and parts of Edmonds and Mountlake Terrace, in addition to Shoreline and part of northwest Seattle.
Kagi is seeking a ninth two-year term in the State House of Representatives. Her only opponent is Republican Alvin Rutledge of Edmonds.
Kagi has reported raising $10,660 and spending $433 to no fundraising or spending for Rutledge.
Candidate filing ended Friday at 5 p.m. All candidates for partisan offices appear on the Aug. 5 primary-election ballot, with the top two vote-getters in the primary, regardless of party, qualifying for the Nov. 4 general-election ballot.
Kagi is chairwoman of the House committee on early learning and human services and a member of the environment committee, the appropriations committee, and the appropriations subcommittee on health and human services.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Budget statements from Edmonds Council candidates Crank and Teitzel Oct. 8
- Charter review suggestions from candidates in District 4 Oct. 7
- Issue statements from Lynnwood candidates Roberts and Hurst Oct. 6
- Budget statement from Edmonds School Board incumbent Gary Noble Oct. 5
- Introductory statements from Edmonds candidates Nelson and Rutledge Oct. 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.