State attorney general to speak at Rep. Kagi’s re-election event
Kagi’s Sunday kick-off event is scheduled for 2 to 4 p.m. at the Shoreline Family Support Center, 17018 15th Ave, N.E., Shoreline.
Kagi represents the 32nd Legislative District, including Lynnwood, Woodway and nearby unincorporated areas of southwest Snohomish County, and parts of Edmonds and Mountlake Terrace, in addition to Shoreline and part of northwest Seattle.
Kagi is seeking a ninth two-year term in the State House of Representatives. Her only opponent is Republican Alvin Rutledge of Edmonds.
Kagi has reported raising $10,660 and spending $433 to no fundraising or spending for Rutledge.
Candidate filing ended Friday at 5 p.m. All candidates for partisan offices appear on the Aug. 5 primary-election ballot, with the top two vote-getters in the primary, regardless of party, qualifying for the Nov. 4 general-election ballot.
Kagi is chairwoman of the House committee on early learning and human services and a member of the environment committee, the appropriations committee, and the appropriations subcommittee on health and human services.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
- 2015 committee assignments for South Snohomish County legislators Jan. 16
- Edmonds seeks applicants for council vacancy through Feb. 2 Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.