Cascade hospital foundation allocates $597,000 for mudslide relief
“We continue to support families and first responders,” Cascade Valley Hospital Foundation president Barbara Tolbert said in a news release. “We are focused on short-term and emerging needs, and have also allocated funds for long term family needs. We are honored to be careful stewards of the funds entrusted to us.”
The foundation is one of three local nonprofits receiving and allocating large sums donated by organizations and individuals to mudslide relief. The hospital foundation board allocated the money at a meeting last week, bringing the organization's total distributions to $991,201.
United Way of Snohomish County and the American Red Cross of Snohomish County also have been managing a high volume of donated money.
Recipients of the latest grants:
$250,000 for the long term needs of affected families.
$100,000 to the Snohomish County Volunteer Search and Rescue Helicopter Team for operating costs.
$49,000 to the Green Cross Academy of Traumatology for costs of critical incident stress relief.
$25,000 to The Soup Ladies for costs of 16 days of providing hot meals to rescue workers.
$52,265 to the Arlington Family Resource Project, for direct aid to families.
$50,000 to the Arlington Fire Department for first-responder support.
$25,000 to Arlington Rural Fire District 21 for first-responder support.
$21,000 to Camp Killoqua to send 42 Arlington and Oso kids to camp.
$15,000 to the Silvana Fire Department for first-responder support.
$15,000 to the Sedro-Wooley Fire Department.
$15,000 to the Burlington Fire Department.
$15,000 to the Concrete Fire Department.
$10,000 to Skagit County Fire District 8.
$10,000 to the Marblemount Fire Department.
$10,000 to the Conway Fire Department.
$10,000 to Skagit County Fire District 6.
$5,200 to the Post Middle School PTSA for an Arlington-Darrington middle school unity social event.
$3,806 to Cascade Valley Hospital to cover slide-victim bills.
$1,500 to the City of Darrington for two laptop computers.
- Grief lingers for woman whose baby and mom died in the mudslide 3/19/15
- Remember Oso victims, donate to relief efforts 3/18/15
- Medal of Valor presented to Oso mudslide communities 3/18/15
- Son lost to slide will always be remembered with love 3/17/15
- After mudslide, nothing could keep teen from his dad's side 3/16/15
- As the Oso mudslide’s one-year mark approaches, emotions run high 3/16/15
- Was Oso mudslide nature's mystery or man's mistake? 3/15/15
- After a year in the mudslide zone, Elaine Young finds peace in acts of kindness 3/15/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.