Seahawks top pick Paul Richardson Tweets he has signed his contract
FINALLY SIGNED. ITS OFFICIAL!The receiver from Colorado, who was the No. 45 overall pick, is the fifth of nine Seahawks draft picks to sign his contract along with DE Cassius Marsh, CB Eric Pinkins, DT Jimmy Staten and FB Kiero Small.
— Paul Richardson (@PRichJr) May 20, 2014
The league’s most recent collective bargaining agreement, signed in 2011, calls for rookie contracts to be slotted based on draft position, so there is little drama in player signings unlike in the past, when top picks would sometimes hold out at the beginning of training camp. Now, a player’s deal is pretty much locked into his draft position, so it’s only a matter of when the two sides sit down to finalize the contract.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks add 12 undrafted free agents May 2
- Seahawks to sign ex-Green Beret Boyer, long snapper from Texas May 2
- Seahawks take OSU S Ryan Murphy with their final pick of the 2015 draft May 2
- Seahawks draft a defensive tackle to play guard… again May 2
- Seahawks take WR turned DE Obum Gwacham in sixth round May 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.