FINALLY SIGNED. ITS OFFICIAL!The receiver from Colorado, who was the No. 45 overall pick, is the fifth of nine Seahawks draft picks to sign his contract along with DE Cassius Marsh, CB Eric Pinkins, DT Jimmy Staten and FB Kiero Small.
— Paul Richardson (@PRichJr) May 20, 2014
The league’s most recent collective bargaining agreement, signed in 2011, calls for rookie contracts to be slotted based on draft position, so there is little drama in player signings unlike in the past, when top picks would sometimes hold out at the beginning of training camp. Now, a player’s deal is pretty much locked into his draft position, so it’s only a matter of when the two sides sit down to finalize the contract.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.