Timber company loses bid to avoid Oso mudslide litigation November 2, 2015
Interior secretary at Oso: Funding needed for scientific research October 16, 2015
Timber company says it bears no responsibility in Oso mudslide October 2, 2015
Compared to April 2013, demand was up nearly 21 percent and revenue increased nearly 23 percent, according to Smith Travel Research.
Demand and revenue had been trending upward before the slide, so it is impossible to say exactly how much of the bump was from the March 22 disaster, Amy Spain, head of the county's tourism bureau, said in an email.
Even so, the influx of disaster relief workers likely had a “significant” effect on demand, she said.
Snohomish County hotels saw an 18 percent increase year-over-year in occupancy in April. So far this year, occupancy is up 5 percent compared to the same period last year.
Dan Catchpole: 425-339-3454; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dcatchpole.
- Timber company loses bid to avoid Oso mudslide litigation 11/2/15
- Interior secretary at Oso: Funding needed for scientific research 10/16/15
- Timber company says it bears no responsibility in Oso mudslide 10/2/15
- Judge limits extent of claims in Oso mudslide litigation 8/26/15
- Victims of Oso mudslide still await buyouts, 16 months later 8/3/15
- Oso survivors pay forward support they once received 7/13/15
- Couple shared tragedy, loss of Oso, but found love 7/5/15
- Oso mudslide trial pushed to June 2016 7/2/15
- Study: Real cause of Oso mudslide still unknown 6/27/15
- $6.6 million from feds to buy properties destroyed by Oso slide 6/24/15
- Guide cancels controversial raft tour because of lower water levels 6/22/15
- Landslides take a toll on state’s economy 6/21/15
- In Darrington, a slide reunion means laughter, tears 6/20/15
- County Council likely to extend the slide-zone building moratorium 6/18/15
- Oso mudslide volunteers and responders rekindle friendships at reunion 6/17/15
- Retired first responders will speak with those affected by Oso 6/10/15
- Families of Oso slide victims plan to sue slide tour company 6/9/15
- Is county responsible for Oso? Judge begins sorting through claims 6/4/15
- Oso General Store in danger of closing 5/20/15
- Exhibit shows vivid images of Oso before and after slide 5/13/15
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: EdCC instructor awarded medal by President Obama Nov. 3
- Briefs: Four new board member join Leadership Snohomish County Nov. 2
- Briefs: Pratt Pest Management raises money for breast cancer research Oct. 30
- Briefs: Improv workshops offered for people with memory loss Oct. 29
- Briefs: EdCC students to travel to NASA's Johnson Space Center Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.