The course is designed to answer questions that a novice hiker may have about how to get out hiking. Learn from experienced hikers what to put in your pack and how to dress for comfort and safety. Presenters will discuss clothing, boots, packs, the 10 essentials and seasonal trail hazards. You'll also get ideas for where to shop for equipment and how to research your trips.
There is no cost for the course and membership is not required; just show up.
The talk is in the conference room in the Snohomish Count East Administration Building, 3000 Rockefeller Ave., Everett. Enter through the door on the north and look for a sign pointing to the room.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Q&A: How photographer created stunning image of the Enchantments Oct. 7
- How to help rescuers see you if you're lost at night Oct. 5
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.