Helping your kids unwind
A panacea to all of this stress is a good night’s sleep. But that’s easier said than done.
A while back I wrote a post where I shared my family’s success using sleep CDs we had purchased for bedtime. One of the CDs featured was "Sleep Solutions" by Roberta Shapiro. She later emailed me and offered to send me another one of her CDs for free, in exchange for my honest opinions and review.
The CD I chose was "Goodbye Worries: Guided mediation to train your mind to quiet your thoughts." It is excellent!
Unlike "Sleep Solutions," "Goodbye Worries" is not a sleep CD per se. But it is extremely useful for winding minds down. It includes five tracks, an introduction plus four guided meditation activities.
I especially like how the CD focuses on sending bothersome thoughts away from your mind. Track number three helps you imagine a barrier to protect yourself from worries.
Sometimes when you son or daughter is upset or stressed it can be difficult to know how to help. Snuggling up on the couch and listening to a CD like this is a great option.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Traveling without your children requires keeping guilt at bay Feb. 8
- Some of us aren't football crazy; please don't hold it against us Feb. 1
- Putting the inmates ... er, kids to work Jan. 25
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.