Upcoming free days on public land
June 7: State parks will be free for day use to celebrate National Trails Day. Visitors will not be required to display a Discover Pass. National Forests will also be free. Northwest Forest Passes will not be required.
June 7-8: Free fishing weekend. Fishing licenses are not required for anyone to fish in Washington. All other rules, including season, area restrictions and size and catch limits still apply. Go to http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/free for details.
June 14: State parks will be free for day use to celebrate National Get Outdoors Day. The Forest Service will not require users to display a Northwest Forest Pass at trails.
Additional fee-free dates:
- Aug. 25, national parks, state parks
- Sept. 27, national parks, state parks, BLM lands, national wildlife refuges, forest service lands
- Oct. 12, national wildlife refuges
- Nov. 8-11 forest service lands
- Nov. 11, national parks, national wildlife refuges, state parks, BLM lands
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
- Learn the basics of boating at upcoming classes Jan. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.