Northwest-Cascade conference baseball feeder game on Wednesday
Six to 10 players from the game will be nominated to the all-state committee to earn a chance to be selected to play in the all-state games in Yakima June 14 and 15.
The North squad is made up of players from Squalicum, Lynden, Ferndale, Sedro-Woolley, Bellingham, Anacortes, Sehome and Burlington-Edison. The South is comprised of athletes from Archbishop Murphy, Cedarcrest, Lakewood and Granite Falls, as well as a few additional players from Lynden, Ferndale and Sedro-Woolley.
Local players chosen to participate in the 2A-3A feeder games include Archbishop Murphy’s Steve Papagayo (OF), Tyler Klaudt (OF) and Ryan Dorney (3B). Lakewood has catcher Colby Jones and utility player Drew Earnhart slated to pitch, play second base and outfield.
Nick Bowersock (SS/P) and Colton Sandhofer (OF) were selected from Cedarcrest, as was Riley Larson, a shortstop and pitcher, from Granite Falls.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (Session 2) March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (First session) March 23
- Granite Falls pitcher named WIAA athlete of the week March 20
- Live video: Edmonds-Woodway vs. Jackson boys soccer March 17
- Area girls picked for all-state games March 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.