Hopkins, a 2004 graduate of Edmonds-Woodway, played collegiately at Cochise College in Douglas, Ariz. and Lipscomb University in Nashville. He was an Academic All-American before returning to Cochise College as an assistant coach for two seasons.
Recently, Hopkins served as an assistant coach at Roosevelt High School before being hired as the head coach at Mid-Pacific Institute in Honolulu.
“Jason has a true passion for coaching the student-athlete and helping players reach their goals both on and off of the basketball court,” said Edmonds-Woodway athletic director Angie McGuire in a press release. “We are excited to have Jason lead the E-W boys’ basketball program.”
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.