A construction crew working near Lynnwood High School accidentally ruptured a six-inch line at 1:54 p.m., said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
About a half-dozen homes were evacuated. Parent pickups were redirected to the south entrance of the school during the road closures.
No injuries were reported.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Everett police seek gas-siphoning suspect, caught on video Aug. 18
- Edmonds police release video related to weekend shooting Aug. 18
- Tips help rescuers find hiker in Glacier Peak Wilderness Aug. 18
- Everett man struck by car in stable condition Aug. 18
- Edmonds police investigating Saturday shooting; no one hurt Aug. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.