State Rep. Moscoso calls for unity after SPU shooting
"It is critical that we as a society take action to address this issue, especially among our youth and in our schools," Moscoso said Friday.
Moscoso sits on the House Public Safety Committee.
He said that the event struck him personally.
“The young man who committed this terrible act is from my hometown of Mountlake Terrace," he said. “I have worked on youth violence issues as both a legislator and a citizen, but yesterday is still a heartbreaking reminder that no community is immune to the far-reaching impacts of gun violence in our country."
Moscoso represents the 1st Legislative District, including most of Mountlake Terrace, all of Brier and Bothell, unincorporated areas of Snohomish County north and east of Bothell, north Kirkland and unincorporated areas of King County between Bothell and Kirkland.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
- 2015 committee assignments for South Snohomish County legislators Jan. 16
- Edmonds seeks applicants for council vacancy through Feb. 2 Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.