"It is critical that we as a society take action to address this issue, especially among our youth and in our schools," Moscoso said Friday.
Moscoso sits on the House Public Safety Committee.
He said that the event struck him personally.
“The young man who committed this terrible act is from my hometown of Mountlake Terrace," he said. “I have worked on youth violence issues as both a legislator and a citizen, but yesterday is still a heartbreaking reminder that no community is immune to the far-reaching impacts of gun violence in our country."
Moscoso represents the 1st Legislative District, including most of Mountlake Terrace, all of Brier and Bothell, unincorporated areas of Snohomish County north and east of Bothell, north Kirkland and unincorporated areas of King County between Bothell and Kirkland.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Introductory statements from Edmonds candidates Nelson and Rutledge Oct. 2
- Brier ballot measure would advise City Council on fireworks ban Oct. 2
- Issue statements from Fire District 1 candidates Luke and Schrock Oct. 1
- Look to bottom of ballot to find Community Transit measure Oct. 1
- Monday, Oct. 5, deadline for voter registration Sep. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.