Front Porch: Stanwood free clinic offers open house
Stanwood’s Safe Harbor Free Clinic, which provides free urgent medical care and referrals to low income people and the uninsured, is celebrating its fifth anniversary with an open house from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. June 19. The clinic is at 7209 265th St. NW in Stanwood.
Safe Harbor has treated more than 7,100 patients from as far away as Coupeville, Seattle, Bellingham and Gig Harbor since it opened in 2009. Contact the clinic at 425-870-7384 or 888-550-6277 for more information.
Walk with the mayor: Join Stanwood Mayor Leonard Kelley on a series of healthy city walks the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month through October. The walk-and-talks will begin at 8 a.m. Wednesday. Share your thoughts and discuss issues affecting the community. Everyone is welcome. All you need is a pair of walking shoes, a water bottle and an enthusiasm for all things Stanwood.
For more information, contact Amanda Slattery at 360-629-2181, ext. 100, or email Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oso, surrounding communities to receive state Medal of Valor 3/2/15
- Progress that honors victims 3/1/15
- Landslide Forum aims to bridge knowledge gap 2/28/15
- Senate passes bill for expanded mapping of hazardous areas 2/27/15
- Bicycle ride alters course to raise funds for slide victims 2/25/15
- Mudslide communities to be awarded state Medal of Valor 2/19/15
- Deadline extended for people to donate to mudslide relief effort 2/17/15
- Project Linus volunteers create blankets for children in crisis 2/13/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.