That brings to nearly 30 the number of potential lawsuits facing Snohomish County and Washington state over the natural disaster.
“Our goal remains to find out what happened and to make sure it doesn't happen again and to make sure we can help our clients deal with their losses,” said Seattle attorney Corrie Yackulic, who filed the latest batch of claims.
The mudslide hit at 10:37 a.m. on a Saturday, killing 43 people. Authorities have found the remains of all but one of the dead.
The damage claims are likely precursors to lawsuits. Each claim asks that a jury determine damages.
Nine of the new claims allege wrongful death, Yackulic said. Three others are for personal injury or property loss.
The county's risk management division also received eight damage claims on Friday from insurance companies.
Yackulic and two other Seattle attorneys representing affected families previously filed nine claims on behalf of slide survivors and victims' estates.
Noah Haglund: 425-339-3465; email@example.com.
More Local News Headlines
Victims of Oso mudslide still await buyouts, 16 months later Study at Kayak Point Park will determine if clamming can return 7:38 a.m. Arlington’s former Food Pavilion gets remodel, two new stores Sultan seeks to save deteriorating mural that memorializes firefighters Fire District 3, Fire District 7 will meet to consider a merger Nature is at the root of new preschool in Monroe Front Porch: Help stuff a bus School winners
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.