Krisel T. Andersen, 60, pleaded guilty earlier this year, court papers show.
In her plea, she denied wrongdoing but acknowledged that a jury would likely convict her if the case went to trial. She didnít receive any jail time at sentencing.
Andersen was charged in 2013 with first-degree theft.
Andersenís parents had trusted her with their finances so she could care for them in the last years of their lives.
Prosecutors accused Andersen of taking nearly a half-million dollars, using some of the money to buy land in Jefferson County and a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe.
One of Andersenís siblings contacted Lynnwood police about the missing money in 2012.
At the time, Andersenís mother was 86 and her father was 92. Her father since has died.
She had no previous criminal history.
She has a followup hearing in court set for next year.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Edmonds police release video related to weekend shooting Aug. 18
- Tips help rescuers find hiker in Glacier Peak Wilderness Aug. 18
- Everett man struck by car in stable condition Aug. 18
- Edmonds police investigating Saturday shooting; no one hurt Aug. 17
- 18-year-old in custody after Everett shooting of 15-year-old Aug. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.