With Fair running unopposed, an Edmonds vacancy is almost certain.
Fair says that he would stay on the job in Edmonds until he began his term as district court judge Jan. 12.
That would leave 48 days after the Nov. 25 certification of election results for Edmonds Mayor Dave Earling to nominate a municipal court judge and the City Council to confirm him or her. The appointed municipal court judge would serve through the November 2015 election, when voters would choose someone to fill the last two years of the term that Fair won in 2013.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Edmonds Council candidates meet in Monday forum at senior center Oct. 16
- Statement on streets and sidewalks from Frizzell, Lynnwood candidate Oct. 16
- Issue statement from Lynnwood council candidate Sessions Oct. 16
- Issue statement from Al Rutlege, candidate for Edmonds City Council Oct. 15
- Charter review suggestions from candidates in District 3 Oct. 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.