District Court election likely to cause vacancy in Edmonds
With Fair running unopposed, an Edmonds vacancy is almost certain.
Fair says that he would stay on the job in Edmonds until he began his term as district court judge Jan. 12.
That would leave 48 days after the Nov. 25 certification of election results for Edmonds Mayor Dave Earling to nominate a municipal court judge and the City Council to confirm him or her. The appointed municipal court judge would serve through the November 2015 election, when voters would choose someone to fill the last two years of the term that Fair won in 2013.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Peterson’s bill on paint recycling has Tuesday Senate hearing March 17
- County charter-review positions will be on November ballot March 16
- Legislative District town-hall events Saturday in 1st, 21st, 32nd districts March 12
- Legislators from 21st District hold telephone town hall Wednesday March 11
- 32nd District Dems to discuss endorsements, presidential nomination Wednesday March 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.