U.S. aircraft carrier moves into Persian Gulf
Accompanying the carrier will be the guided-missile cruiser USS Philippine Sea and the guided-missile destroyer USS Truxtun. The ships are expected to complete their move into the Gulf later Saturday.
The ships carry Tomahawk missiles, which could reach Iraq. The Bush is carrying fighter jets that could also easily get to Iraq, where a fast-moving Islamic insurgency is gaining territory.
- Navy commander fired in adultery probe 1/21/15
- Local Navy personnel will fly over stadium before Seahawks game 1/16/15
- Objects detected in AirAsia search 1/2/15
- Canada to curb booze on warships 12/13/14
- Naval Academy nonprofits accused of ethical lapses 12/11/14
- Engineer accused of leaking aircraft carrier info 12/7/14
- Two hostages die in U.S. raid in Yemen 12/6/14
- Navy revokes Bill Cosby's honorary title 12/5/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.