U.S. aircraft carrier moves into Persian Gulf
Accompanying the carrier will be the guided-missile cruiser USS Philippine Sea and the guided-missile destroyer USS Truxtun. The ships are expected to complete their move into the Gulf later Saturday.
The ships carry Tomahawk missiles, which could reach Iraq. The Bush is carrying fighter jets that could also easily get to Iraq, where a fast-moving Islamic insurgency is gaining territory.
- Cold War tensions rekindle near Russia 4/10/15
- Special ops troops doubt women can do job 4/5/15
- Navy underestimated sonar threat, judge says 4/2/15
- Navy jets with extra fuel can’t be launched off new carrier 3/26/15
- China fights to root out military corruption 3/21/15
- State not interested in letting Navy use land for exercises 3/2/15
- Iranians assault mock U.S. carrier in naval drill 2/25/15
- Top Navy scientist John Craven dies at 90 2/22/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.