Firefighters in Erie say they brought a 28-foot ladder to help Tara Dennis get down from the branches on Sunday.
Residents tell the Times-News that they’ve heard the feline crying for the past couple of days. It’s not clear who owns the cat.
Dennis says she couldn’t stand by and do nothing. So, she scaled a fence, got on a roof and climbed onto a branch. She reached the animal, which she put in her shirt.
But the 21-year-old got stuck as she tried to come down. A neighbor called 911.
Deputy Fire Chief Jeff Carroll says firefighters first carried down the cat, then helped Dennis.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.