For a third straight year, Lynnwood won the championship in the varsity girls gold division after beating West Seattle. It's the second consecutive summer tournament the Royals have won after winning the Snohomish tournament the previous weekend by beating Lewis and Clark of Spokane.
With 24 varsity teams -- eight teams in three different divisions --- the Edmonds tournament is one of the biggest girls summer tournaments in the state.
Local teams were well-represented in the tournament. Lynnwood was joined in the gold division by Shorecrest, Edmonds-Woodway, Monroe and Arlington. Meadowdale, Archbishop Murphy and Lake Stevens competed in the silver division and Mariner, Stanwood, Marysville Getchell and Shorewood compteted in the bronze division.
Todd Beamer won the silver division championship and King's took home the title in the bronze division. Kentlake won the JV gold division, Lake Stevens' purple team won the JV silver division and West Seattle won the title in the JV bronze division.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.