Thanks to the Verdant Health Commission, every third-grader in the Edmonds School District gets to swim. That means kids in Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier and Woodway receive about $160 worth of swimming lessons—free. The vouchers were mailed in fall and are good at the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion, the Lynnwood Recreation Center and Yost Park Pool.
But here’s the catch. The vouchers expire on August 31, 2014. So if you are like me, and have an exiting third-grader in the Edmonds School District, you need to redeem your vouchers ASAP.
If you have a child who will be a third-grader this fall, cross your fingers that the Verdant Health Commissions offers this generous gift again.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.