Quebec Family Minister Francine Charbonneau said the five children had more intense symptoms of vomiting and headaches but others, including some of the 10 educators, had symptoms.
She said 71 children and about 10 adults were taken to a local hospital as a preventive measure and that all parents had been advised.
Charbonneau said the leak had been contained within the Les Petits Explorateurs daycare building. The St-Eustache fire department was trying to determine the exact cause
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.
More Nation & World Headlines
U.S. flag rises again at Embassy in Cuba N. Korea celebrates new time zone, ‘Pyongyang Time’ Corduroy, world’s oldest living cat, loves cheese The 6 books on President Obama’s summer reading list Wrecked cars revving up visits to National Corvette Museum Aussie Jehovah’s Witnesses face child sex abuse probe ISIS leader repeatedly raped former U.S. hostage Hunt for excaped killers cost $1 million a day
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.