Quebec Family Minister Francine Charbonneau said the five children had more intense symptoms of vomiting and headaches but others, including some of the 10 educators, had symptoms.
She said 71 children and about 10 adults were taken to a local hospital as a preventive measure and that all parents had been advised.
Charbonneau said the leak had been contained within the Les Petits Explorateurs daycare building. The St-Eustache fire department was trying to determine the exact cause
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.
More Nation & World Headlines
Navy secretary criticizes Marines' gender study New Pluto photos show jumbled mountains, possible dunes Rick Perry exits 2016 Republican presidential race Saudis: 107 die in crane collapse at Mecca’s Grand Mosque Michigan lawmaker expelled, another resigns in sex scandal On 9/11 anniversary, appeals to remember as time passes Pakistan joins exclusive drone-warfare club Health funds for Sept. 11 victims are running dry
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.