Quebec Family Minister Francine Charbonneau said the five children had more intense symptoms of vomiting and headaches but others, including some of the 10 educators, had symptoms.
She said 71 children and about 10 adults were taken to a local hospital as a preventive measure and that all parents had been advised.
Charbonneau said the leak had been contained within the Les Petits Explorateurs daycare building. The St-Eustache fire department was trying to determine the exact cause
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.
More Nation & World Headlines
Four Confederate flags left at MLK center, church in Atlanta 7:48 a.m. Cincy police officer pleads not guilty in fatal shooting 7:47 a.m. Cop indicted for murder in traffic-stop shooting Will ‘Happy Birthday’ song be free to use soon? Debris linked to missing Malaysian 777 Export-Import Bank excluded from highway bill 777 departs Aleutians after emergency landing House approves highway funding bill
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.