Wegner will remain on the Aug. 5 primary ballot along with Ortiz-Self, Scherrer and Green Party candidate Bob Lewis.
The deadline for withdrawing from the ballot was May 19.
The top two vote getters in the primary, regardless of party, will qualify for the Nov. 4 general-election ballot.
The 21st Legislative District includes most of Edmonds, unincorporated areas north of Edmonds and Lynnwood and northeast of Lynnwood, all of Mukilteo and part of south Everett.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Final south Snohomish County primary election results Aug. 20
- Introductory statements from Lynnwood candidates Roberts and Hurst Aug. 20
- Ambalada endorses Simmonds in Lynnwood general election Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Fire District 1 candidates Schrock and Luke Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Brier Council at-large candidates Aug. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.