Wegner will remain on the Aug. 5 primary ballot along with Ortiz-Self, Scherrer and Green Party candidate Bob Lewis.
The deadline for withdrawing from the ballot was May 19.
The top two vote getters in the primary, regardless of party, will qualify for the Nov. 4 general-election ballot.
The 21st Legislative District includes most of Edmonds, unincorporated areas north of Edmonds and Lynnwood and northeast of Lynnwood, all of Mukilteo and part of south Everett.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Voters opt for change in Lynnwood, status quo in Mountlake Terrace Nov. 10
- U.S. Rep. Larsen to talk Saturday about Pacific Trade agreement Nov. 9
- Best financed Edmonds candidates on way to winning Nov. 9
- Edmonds campaign-contribution rules go largely unenforced Nov. 6
- Four Lynnwood council incumbents trailing in election returns Nov. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.