Independent challenger to Rep. Ortiz-Self withdraws
Wegner will remain on the Aug. 5 primary ballot along with Ortiz-Self, Scherrer and Green Party candidate Bob Lewis.
The deadline for withdrawing from the ballot was May 19.
The top two vote getters in the primary, regardless of party, will qualify for the Nov. 4 general-election ballot.
The 21st Legislative District includes most of Edmonds, unincorporated areas north of Edmonds and Lynnwood and northeast of Lynnwood, all of Mukilteo and part of south Everett.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
- 2015 committee assignments for South Snohomish County legislators Jan. 16
- Edmonds seeks applicants for council vacancy through Feb. 2 Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.