Independent challenger to Rep. Ortiz-Self withdraws
Wegner will remain on the Aug. 5 primary ballot along with Ortiz-Self, Scherrer and Green Party candidate Bob Lewis.
The deadline for withdrawing from the ballot was May 19.
The top two vote getters in the primary, regardless of party, will qualify for the Nov. 4 general-election ballot.
The 21st Legislative District includes most of Edmonds, unincorporated areas north of Edmonds and Lynnwood and northeast of Lynnwood, all of Mukilteo and part of south Everett.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Candidates can file by mail starting Monday April 24
- State Reps. Kagi, Ortiz-Self, Ryu not surprised about special session April 23
- Workshop for potential 2015 local candidates Tuesday in Everett April 20
- State Democrats look at caucus system for presidential nomination April 16
- Liias bill on payday loans nearly dead in legislature April 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.