Stanwood boys hoops team wins Spartan Classic varsity division
All the teams in the 15-team tournament got a guaranteed four games which included pool games and a seeded tournament that began Saturday evening. Of the 15 teams competing in the tournament, 10 were from Wesco or the Cascade Conference.
The host Spartans defeated Marysville Pilchuck 69-45 to win the varsity championship. Glacier Peak won the junior varsity championship and the Spartans were winners again in the "C" team division.
Stanwood, Oak Harbor, Marysville Getchell, Marysville Pilchuck, Arlington, Glacier Peak, Mariner and Lake Stevens represented Wesco. Archbishop Murphy and South Whidbey were the Cascade Conference were the two representatives from the Cascade Conference.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Jackson vs. Bellevue baseball at UW among Wednesday's rain outs March 25
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Lynnwood baseball March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (Session 2) March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (First session) March 23
- Granite Falls pitcher named WIAA athlete of the week March 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.