The Washington County Sheriff’s office says that the first occurred Saturday afternoon at a portable toilet at the International School of Beaverton. A 40-year-old Spokane woman injured her head and was treated at a hospital and released.
The areas around the school and a park were evacuated and searched but no other devices were found.
The office says that a little while after the first blast, another small device went off at a home about a quarter-mile away and caused minor damage to a mail box.
There was no word of any suspects or a motive. The office says it’s investigating.
More Northwest Headlines
Glacial flood sweeps through Rainier National Park 650 lightning strikes across western Washington on Friday Father pleads guilty in son’s drug overdose Wildland fires force hundreds to evacuate from Chelan Massive wildfire chars rangeland on Idaho-Oregon border Fire sparked by fatal plane crash near Oroville burns buildings Coal company, Montana tribe partner on Bellingham coal port Owner of sunken vessel fined for diesel spill on Hood Canal
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.